The Chō-Senjiryakketsu (超・占事略決 , Ultra Senji Ryakketsu in the English manga) is an ancient book written by Asakura Hao during his first life.
The Chō-Senjiryakketsu was written by Asakura Hao during his first life. Every secret of his Onmyōdō techniques was included within the book's 16 chapters, ranging from soul manipulation and methods for making Shikigami to fortune telling techniques and battle strategies. It is oriented towards advanced shaman studies and is very hard to read.
After Hao was defeated by the Asakura Family, the book was sealed away in the shrine built for him in the Mountains of Kimon. The Asakuras also sealed his two Shikigami Zenki and Goki within the book; upon their release, they will try to kill anyone present to protect their master's secrets.
After learning that Hao was participating in the Shaman Fights in the year 2000, Asakura Yohmei tasked his grandson's fiancée, Kyōyama Anna, to deliver the book to his grandson, Asakura Yoh, to aid him in defeating Hao once more. Tamamura Tamao, who had followed them, accidentally released Zenki and Goki, though Anna quickly defeated and resealed them into her 1080 Prayer Beads after learning how to do so from the book. The defeat of the Shikigami somehow caused damage to Hao, who knew it was related to his two former Shikigami.
- Demon Subjugation (降魔調伏 Gōma Chōbuku): Anna uses this technique with her string of 1080 pearls to gain control over Asakura Hao's shikigami, Zenki and Goki.
- Shamanic Oracle (巫門遁甲 Fumon Tonkō): Using this technique enables one to read the flow of Furyoku and determine its course. Effective use can render most Furyoku attacks ineffective.
- Shamanic Soul Pacification (巫門御霊会 Fumon Goryōe): A powerful exorcist magic employed by Matamune that allows him to form his O.S. "Oni Goroshi" in combination with the Shamanic Oracle technique. The technique creates an Over Soul in the shape of an enormous katana, which has the power to cut through the most powerful spirits. However, it exhausts a great deal of Furyoku in the process.
- Mikazuki no Harae (
三日月ノ 祓Mikazuki no Harae, lit. "Crescent Moon Purification"): This was a secret exorcist magic left to Yoh by Matamune, to help vanquish the Oh-Oni that Anna created. However, this technique depleted the reserve Furyoku within Matamune, and as a result, sent him to the hereafter.
- Healing Spell (呪禁存思 Jugon Zonshi): A Taoist healing spell combined with a mantra, it keeps chi from leaving the body to restore health. The spell is mastered by Johann Faust VIII, allowing him to heal and resurrect others using his O.S. "Eliza Operieren".
- Forbidden Killing Curse (禁人呪殺 Kinji Jusatsu): A killing curse that has the ability to strip the soul from the body for an instant kill. However, Kanna Bismarch's attempt to use it on Tamurazaki Midori is ineffective; he reveals it is because the spell only works on those who believe in the afterlife, which Tamurazaki does not. Furthermore, the spell leaves the body intact, allowing the person to be resurrected.
In the 2001 anime series, instead of learning from the book by reading it, the users literally experience the book by being drawn into it; inside is a whole different world where they are able to converse with Onmyōji Asakura Hao.
- The Chō-Senjiryakketsu is based on the Senji Ryakketsu (占事略决 , lit. "The Summary to Judgements of Divinations"), a text attributed to the legendary Onmyōji priest Abe no Seimei during the Heian Period in Japan. The text contains 6000 forecasting and 36 fortune-telling techniques based on divination using shikigami, though most of the divinations were for fairly mundane purposes like determining the gender of a child, finding missing objects, and advice for daily life.
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 10 Extras; Shaman File 124
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 90
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 91
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 112
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 126
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 150
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 133
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 166
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 172
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 176
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 246
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 249
- Shaman King Anime - Episode 40