|English Name:||Tengu Goblin|
|Meaning:||"Great Heavenly Dogs"|
|First Appearance:||Chapter 236 (Manga)|
Dai Tengu (大天狗, Dai Tengu) is a Kami-class spirit associated with the Asakura Family. It was first summoned by Asakura Yohken to defeat Hao during the Shaman Fights 500 years ago. It is currently the guardian ghost of Tamamura Tamao.
About[edit | edit source]
The greatest of the Shikigami spirits, Dai Tengu can only be summoned and controlled by those who have undergone extreme ascetic training.
After Tamamura Tamao trained with the spirit of Yohken, during her high school years, she inherited the spirit and gained the strength to control it. She has been seen using it to scare both her employees and Asakura Hana.
Oversouls and Attacks[edit | edit source]
O.S. Zenith of Enlightenment[edit | edit source]
O.S. “Shugen no Kiwami Wo” (O.S.修験の極みを)
- Shaman:Asakura Yohken
- O.S. Type: Spirit Type
- Spirit Ally: Dai Tengu
- Medium used: Paper Seal Doll
Description: When summoned using a special paper seal doll, Dai Tengu takes the form of a gigantic tengu dressed as an ascetic monk with angelic wings and wielding a large katana.
- Shugen Kijin Shiekihou Gokugi: Kamaizuna (修験鬼人使役法極技：鎌飯剛 Shugen Demon Man Enslavement Extreme Art: Sickle Izuna): The ultimate secret art of the Shugendō, Dai Tengu unleashes a series of sword strikes, moving so fast it appears to be attacking with several swords at once. It is powerful enough to defeat Hao in his Patch incarnation.
O.S. Dai Tengu[edit | edit source]
O.S. “Dai Tengu” (O.S.大天狗)
Description: When summoned using the katana Harusame, Dai Tengu takes the form of a gigantic tengu dressed as an ascetic monk with angelic wings. In this form, it posses great strength, enough to easily demolish a mansion.
- Shugen no Kiwami wo (修験の極みを Polarizing of Shugen): A simple punching technique. Three of these punches are strong enough to shatter an Over Soul made with a Kami Class Spirit. Tamao also claims that she uses this technique to punish Hana.
Anime/Manga Difference[edit | edit source]
Dai Tengu is a Manga-only spirit and never appears in the anime series.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Shaman King: Legacy of Spirits
- Shaman King Manga - Mentalite Extras
- Shaman King Manga - Flowers Chapter 1
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 237; Pages 10-11
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 236; Pages 07-09
- Shaman King Manga - Flowers Chapter 6
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Tengu A wikipedia article about Tengu.
|e v||Asakura Family|
|Main Family:||Asakura Yoh | Asakura Anna | Asakura Keiko | Asakura Yohmei | Asakura Kino | Asakura Hao | Asakura Hana | Asakura Munzer Redseb | Asakura Munzer Seyram|
|Branch Family:||Asakura Yohkyo | Asakura Yohane | Asakura Luca|
|Deceased:||Asanoha Douji | Onmyōji Asakura Hao | Asakura Yohken | Asakura Mikihisa|
|Spirits:||Matamune | Imari and Shigaraki | Ponchi and Conchi | Zenki and Goki | Dai Tengu | Amidamaru | Oboro Daikyoh | Shinden and Raiden|
|Tools:||Mikihisa's Guitar | Chō-Senjiryakketsu | Futunomitama no Turugi | Harusame|
|Four Kings of Hell:||Enma Daioh | Mephistopheles | Izanami | Anubis|
|Oni:||Naka-Oni | Oh-Oni | Cho-Oni | Ohachiyo | Oni|
|Shikigami:||Dai Tengu | Zenki and Goki | Shikigami Kooni|
|Other:||Matamune | Goryoushin | Devil Mastema|