|First Appearance:||Chapter 26 (Manga; cameo)|
Golem (ゴーレム, Gōremu) is a robotic shamanic medium created by Camel Munzer. It has a reiyoku rating of 550,000 and is currently used by Redseb and Seyram Munzer.
The original Golem was made in the first century by a Jewish shaman needing an unstoppable Over Soul, and it was let loose during the crusades. Camel Munzer found some of the old plans to create a Golem, and he made an upgraded one with mechanical parts but could not power it. When Chocolove killed him Golem took his soul and used it as a power source. Golem was passed down to Camel's children, Redseb and Seyram and they entered the Shaman Fight.
Eventually, Golem is destroyed by Hao when he has the Spirit of Fire consume Seyram's soul.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Unlike most mediums, Golem is capable of combat without creating an Over Soul. This because Camel Munzer created a Furyoku battery to power Golem that only needs a soul to function. This allows Redseb and Seyram, who only have Furyoku ratings of 800, to be able to pilot it. Nonetheless, the battery must still be recharged by consuming souls. It can be activated by voice commands, responding to names of the Sephirot recited in a specific order. Golem is also capable of unlimited regeneration.
Golem's cockpit is located on its chest. Inside, a diagram of the Tree of Sephirot is engraved on the control panel, which activates its various abilities.
Golem possesses the ability to transform into different modes. This alters its outward appearance and also affects its capabilities.
Normal Mode: Golem's standard mode. In this state, it assumes a stocky, humanoid form. It attacks using its eye beam and extendable arms.
Flight Mode: Using the phrase "Kether Netreth Tiphreth" Seyram is able to transform the Golem into a large bird-like figure that is capable of flight. In this form, it is able to use the sephiroth tree on its body to bombard the ground with beams.
Combat Mode: By using the phrase "Shem HaMephorash" Golem takes this form. It took this shape after Asakura Yoh cut of its head. In this mode, Golem appears more humanoid and can use its weapons and combat abilities to their fullest extent.
Submarine Mode: This mode is capable of traveling underwater, even at great depths. This form has not shown any combat abilities.
- Sephirot Blast (セフィロトブラスト, "Sefiroto Burasuto"): Golem's most powerful attack is a powerful beam emanating from a sphere on its head that has the word Emeth inscribed on it. Golem can also take the form of a Sephirot Tree and fire the Sephirot Blast from many lasers on its body.
- Emeth Blast (真理砲 (エメトブラスト), "Emeto Burasuto"): Another powerful attack from Golem. When it used, the golem opens his chest plate and uses a big beam. It's used when Seyram tries to stop Hao before he starts his "sleep of the shaman king".
Golem plays rather a big role halfway through the manga series, while in the anime series it is only seen once .
- The word "Emeth" is written on Golem's eye. In a traditional clay golem, this word, which means "truth" in Hebrew, is written on the forehead to bring the golem to life. To kill the golem, the first "e" is erased, changing the word to "meth", which means "he is dead".
- Seyram says Hebrew words when she uses the power of the Golem; "Hessed" means goodness and "Shem HaMephorash" refers to the full name of God, according to the Jewish religion.
- The names of the two most powerful attacks of the Golem, Sephirot blast and Emeto blast, come from Hebrew. The Sephirot are the ways to speak directly to God, in the Jewish religion. Emeto is a shrinkage of the word "Emeth".
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 199
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 193
- ↑ Shaman King Anime - Episode 12