|English Name:||Black Raven|
|First Appearance:|| Chapter 53 (Manga)|
Hēi Táo (黒桃, コクトー, "Kokutō") is the spirit of Bason's war horse from when he was still alive. Ren integrated the spirit into his horse Bái-Feng (白鳳, ハクオー, "Hakuō"; lit. White Feng).
In his days as an ancient Chinese warrior, Bason rode into battle on a horse named Hei-Tao. According to Ren, Hei-Tao was able to find enemies in the dark, see through any attack and reach enemies in an instant.
Over Souls and AttacksEdit
O.S. Bason, Big Over SoulEdit
O.S. "Bason Big Over Soul"
- Shaman: Tao Ren
- O.S. Type: Spirit Type
- Spirit Ally: Bason (human ghost), Hei-Tao (animal ghost)
- Medium used: Bason Dao (Over Soul), Hakuoh  (Hyōi Gattai)
Description: As Ren charges more Furyoku into the O.S., Bason's body begins to materialize on a higher plane of existence, ultimately materializing his whole upper body, though in colossal proportion. At this phase, Bason O.S. can assist with the halberd's attacks using his fists, or can handle the guandao itself (i.e. Super-Golden Vorpal Dance). It Also has the abillity to throw high voltage discharges.
When first shown during his fight with Yoh, Ren only pumped in enough Furyoku to only materialize his upper body armor and helmet with a large spear tip at the top of the helmet. With this Over Soul Ren can fly using his Furyoku as a propellant. Pumping in more Furyoku the Over Soul also gains Bason's arms and with even more it completely materializes Bason's upper body.
- Golden Punch (ゴールデンパンチ, Gōruden Panchi): Materializing Bason's arms, Ren can use his Over Soul to punch his opponent with great force and speed. This was first seen used again Yoh.
- Double Golden Sledgehammer (ゴールデンダブルスレッジハンマー, Gōruden Daburu Surejjihanmā): With this technique, Ren uses both fists of his Over Souled Bason. Gathering both fists together, Bason slams them down on an opponent following the movement of the guandao which does the same thing.
- Chou Golden Chūka Zanmai (超ゴールデン中華斬舞, Super Golden Chinese Slash Dance): Over Souling Bason's complete upper body at the tip of his guandao Ren allows Bason to wield an Over Soul guandao. Doing this Bason can use the Vorpal Dance with great power and size. This attack also seems to make Ren's hair spike grow. This was first seen used against Yoh.
- Kanzen Saigen Chūka Zanmai (完全再現中華斬舞, Perfect Re-enactment Chinese Slash Dance): Ren stands atop the giant Bái-Feng and hols his guandao that has the materialized upper body of Bason at the tip. Using Hei-Tao's incredible speed with the size of Bái-Feng's body, none of Ren's attacks can be dodged. Using these two spirits in unison, Ren can now do the Perfect Re-enactment of the Vorpal Dance which is also its most powerful version to date, with tremendous strength and speed to back it up. As noted by Faust VIII who watched his fight, this attack has a risk added as one depletes more Furyoku by controlling two spirits at the same time.
- A "Feng" is a type of male Chinese bird, which makes up one half of the famed "Fenghuang" of Chinese mythology.
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 6 Extras; Shaman File 056
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 10 Extras; Shaman File 132
- ↑ Shaman King Manga - Chapter 62
|e v||Tao Family|
|Members:||Tao Ching | Tao Ran | Tao Yúan | Tao Jun | Tao Ren | Tao Iron Maiden Jeanne | Tao Men | Tao Ginny (Anime Only) | Tao Soumei (Anime Only) | Tao Kyou (Anime Only)|
|Spirits:||Bason | Hei-Tao | Tao Family Ancestors | Kyuuki|
|Jiang Shis:||Lee Pyron | Shamon | Shu | Kyo | Gohukuseitai | Torture Brothers | Shimamura Jōtarō | Corpse Infantry | Yugai (Anime Only) | Gurai (Anime Only) | Jackie (Anime Only)|
|Tools:||Memory Tablet Armor | Bâo-Lèi Sword|