Jack (ジャック, "Jakku") is the spirit of a murderer and Matilda Matisse's guardian ghost.
Jack was once a killer that lived in London in the early 20th century. His method of operation was so atrocious that Scotland Yard decided to keep his case a secret. Jack had a gentle personality but one could see the madness in his eyes and he became known as the "Second Jack". He had already killed 112 people, including his own family when he himself was shot down when he tried to attack a policeman.
His spirit lingered within his knives. He was eventually sealed by the witch taking care of Matilda Matisse, but once she died the seal was removed, and though Matilda knew he was quite dangerous, she still took him as her guardian ghost.
Oversouls and Attacks
O.S. Jack The Ripper
O.S. Jack The Ripper (O.S. 切り裂きジャック)
Description: The medium was made by Matilda herself, using a real pumpkin head and tin for the body. The O.S. was made to perform fast surprise attacks and the opponent would only notice the attack once it has been stabbed. The knives are polished by the Over Soul to be able to cut anything.
- Trick or Treat (トリック・オア・トリート,"Torikku Oa Torīto"): Jack rushes toward the opponent, opens his chest, and tries to capture and shred the opponent inside him.
- Slice and Dice(スライスとダイス,"Suraisu to daisu"): Used to break Horohoro's ice attack.
- Halloween Twister(ハロウィーンツイスター,"Harou~īntsuisutā"): Jack spins around his body along with his blade to hit the opponent several times.
- Death Scythe(死の大鎌,"Shi no Ōgama"): Jack delivers a powerful downwards slice attack.
- Pumpkin Dumpkin(カボチャダンキン,"Kabochadankin"): Jack throws his own pumpkin head at enemies.
- Nightmare(悪夢,"Akumu"): It makes the enemy see nightmares when they are asleep.
- Pumpkin Eater(パンプキンイーター,"Panpukin'ītā"): Jack stirs up a hurricane that engulfs the enemy.
In the anime series after Matilda is given an extra Furyoku power boost from Asakura Hao, she creates a new massive Over Soul with Jack. It takes the shape of a big scarecrow with a very large pumpkin head while using a scythe, but it is easily defeated by Asakura Yoh.
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 15; Shaman File 202
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 15; Shaman File 201
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 157, Page 10