Mū (ムー大陸 Mū Tairiku) is a sunken continent that lies at least 2000 meters below sea level. It is also the place where the final rounds of the Shaman Fights were held.
According to an American writer, who had heard it from a Tibetan High Monk, the Continent of Mū was once populated by an extremely advanced people but sunk overnight due to an unknown divine rage. It is sacred land to the Patch Tribe as it was the place of the very first Shaman Fights and it is a tradition that the finals are always held there.
Despite the massive decay seen on the outside, the Plants on the inside are completely intact and every piece of machinery appear to be working perfectly. The entire continent is protected by a 5 meter thick Over Soul barrier created by the Patch Tribe.
At the depths of the continent lies the King's Sanctuary where Shaman King slumbers while uniting with the Great Spirit. To reach it, one has to follow the path through the Plants or get lost in the maze around it, though three of the Patch Priest passed through the maze to their Plants with ease.
The Plants were created as experimental facilities equipped with each and all conditions in order to migrate out into space. They were created by human hands as a perfect reproduction of nature, with 10 various environments so that any organism would be able to survive. Each plant also contains 2 gates which act as the entrance and exit to each individual plant. These gates will only open if the Patch guarding them wants them to or is defeated. Apparently, the plants can be turned off.
- The Desert Plant (砂漠プラント Sabaku Puranto) is a hot, sandy landscape and is guarded by Namari. The Plant is difficult to fight in as there is absolutely no water anywhere, except for a single small oasis. This was a problem for Tao Ren and Horohoro since there is no water present in the air. The hot air can also create mirages.
- The Valley Plant (谷のプラント Tani no Puranto) is a deep, rocky ravine and is guarded by Bron. The door into the Plant is up in the air between the two cliff sides. If the door closes the unfortunate person is dropped straight into the valley below. The door out is at the bottom of the plant and is not easy to reach. Those who can fly also have an advantage here since there is no floor to fight on.
- The Volcano Plant (火山のプラント Kazan no Puranto) is a volcanic field and is guarded by Magna. The area is hard to fight in as the floor constantly spews gas and lava. The plant has little solid ground and is extremely hot all the time due to the all the lava.
- The Lake Plant (湖プラント Mizūmi Puranto) is a very deep lake surrounded by small strips of land and is Guarded by Radim.
- The Plateau Plant (高原プラント Kōgen Puranto; Highlands Plant in the English manga) is a wide expanse of grassland and is guarded by Kalim. The plant is fairly easy to fight in since there are no environmental hazards or requirements. There is also a small farm in the plant that belongs to Kalim.
- The Forest Plant (樹林プラント Jurin Puranto; Jungle Plant in the English manga) is a large, dense, tropical forest with a few winding rivers and is guarded by Renim.
- The Cave Plant (洞プラント Dō Puranto) is a cavern filled with stalagmites and stalactites and is guarded by Nichrome.
- The Ocean Plant (海プラント Umi Puranto; Shore Plant in the English manga) is sandy beach area, covered with tropical palms, and an equally large sea at the other side and is guarded by Thalim. Also present is a beach hut that has been converted into a café by Thalim.
- The Glacier Plant (氷河プラント Hyōga Puranto) contains a large glacier floating in a pool of water and is guarded by Silva. The area around the entrance is broken up into smaller chunks of ice. The freezing temperatures pose a threat to anyone who falls unprotected into the water.
- The final plant, the Space Plant (宇宙プラント Uchū Puranto) is a large spherical room with no gravity and is guarded by Rutherfor. The room is held in a vacuum so anyone who enters must protect themselves or they will suffocate. The walls appear to resemble space due to images of space projected upon them, and these projections are precisely altered to reproduce the stars' actual movements.
The room after the final plant is the throne room. The room itself is spartan except for a stone throne and the shaman king crown. The room is big and the throne is surrounded by overgrown plants and grass. The Chieftess of the Patch Tribe guards this room themselves and if they fail the king must fight the entering intruder. The mortal body of the Shaman King rest in this room and when Hao entered was the previous Shaman King reduced to nothing but a skull.
- Mū (無) can translate into "nothingness" or "non-existence"
- It is based on the fabled Continent of Mu
- Most of the Plants offer a slight advantage to the specific Patch guarding it, dependent on their guardian ghost and Over Soul's abilities. For an example, Namari's Red Rope could travel under the sand present in the Desert Plant to conduct sneak attacks and Renim's Clear Coat could make use of the large dense forest present in the Forest Plant to best use its unique power of disguise.
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 259
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 281
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 277
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 269
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 270
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 273
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 276
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 279
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 284
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 289
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 290
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 291
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 294
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 279