The Spirit of Rain (スピリット・オブ・レイン, Supiritto Obu Rein) is one of the Five Grand Elemental Spirits (Godaiseirei), that was created by the Great Spirit itself. According to Sati Saigan, it belongs to Usui Horokeu.
About[edit | edit source]
The Spirit of Rain is one of five powerful elemental spirits known as the Grand Elemental Spirits of the Patch Tribe. They are derived from the Great Spirit itself, and like it, constitute a collective of souls. They can be controlled by their respective Elemental Warrior, or a shaman of extraordinary power, like Asakura Hao. Their power is unmatched by any other spirit, except for the Great Spirit itself.
After Patch Hao stole the Spirit of Fire it was hidden, by the Patch Tribe to avoid any other of the Grand Elemental Spirits to be stolen, within the depths of hell and guarded by Anubis, one of the four Kings of Hell. Before the finals of the Shaman Fights Sati Saigan and the Gandhara went to Hell to get the Five Elemental Spirits and deliver them to the Five Elemental Warriors.
Oversouls and Attacks[edit | edit source]
O.S. Spirit of Rain[edit | edit source]
O.S. Spirit of Rain (O.S. スピリット・オブ・レイン)
- Shaman: Usui Horokeu
- O.S. Type: Spirit Type
- Spirit Ally: Spirit of Rain (Kami Class Spirit)
- Medium: Water
Description: When Over Souled by Usui Horkeu, it gains its entire body. Its movements seem to follow that of Horohoro. When combined with the abilities of Horohoro, it gains the ability to create massive amounts of ice.
- Porowaok Ererupus Shinupuri (ポロワオケレルプシヌプリ, "Porowaokererupu Shinupuri", Huge Huge Frozen Mountain): Creates a massive icicle, noted by Horohoro to be the largest in the world, to attack the opponent with, by slamming it directly downwards into them.
- Ice Age (氷河期 (アイスエイジ),"Aisu Eiji"): Combining its freezing cold with the violent wind of the Spirit of Wind, both spirits create a violent freezing wind.
Anime/Manga Difference[edit | edit source]
The Spirit of Rain does not appear in the anime series, although the Spirit of Fire appears to be a single, powerful entity under the Patch's control rather than a member of this group, though it was mentioned that there were four other spirits worshiped by the Patch other than the Spirit of Fire.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the Kang Zeng Bang Extras, the Spirit of Rain has the same abilities as the Spirit of Fire to become stronger, by consuming souls.
References[edit | edit source]
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 227; Page 17-18
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 258
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 26 Extras; Shaman File 339
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 298; Page 19
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 299
- Shaman King Anime - Episode 59
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 8 Extras; Shaman File 100
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Rain - A Wikipedia article about Spirit of Rain's Element