The Spirit of Thunder (スピリット・オブ・サンダー, "Supiritto Obu Sandā") is one of the Five Grand Elemental Spirits (Godaiseirei), that was created by the Great Spirit itself. According to Sati Saigan it belongs to Tao Ren.
The Spirit of Thunder is one of five powerful elemental spirits known as the Grand Elemental Spirits of the Patch Tribe. They are derived from the Great Spirit itself, and like it, constitute a collective of souls. They can be controlled by their respective Elemental Warrior, or a shaman of extraordinary power, like Asakura Hao. Their power is unmatched by any other spirit, except for the Great Spirit itself.
After Patch Hao stole the Spirit of Fire, it was hidden by the Patch Tribe to avoid any other of the Grand Elemental Spirits to be stolen within the depths of hell and guarded by Izanami, one of the four Kings of Hell. Before the finals of the Shaman Fights Sati Saigan and the Gandhara went to Hell to get the Five Elemental Spirits and deliver them to the Five Elemental Warriors. After the final fight, Ren kept the Spirit of Thunder.
Oversouls and Attacks
O.S. Spirit of Thunder
O.S. Spirit of Thunder (O.S スピリット・オブ・サンダー)
- Shaman: Tao Ren
- O.S. Type: Spirit Type
- Spirit Ally: Spirit of Thunder (Kami Class Spirit)
- Medium: Clouds
Description: When Over Souled by Tao Ren it gains its entire body. In this form, it is capable of creating numerous black thunder clouds around itself to strike the opponent with lightning from many various directions. Its movements seem to follow that of Ren himself.
- Jiu Long Bao Lei (九龍爆雷, Nine Dragon Exploding Thunder): Creating many black cumulonimbus clouds around itself and it's opponent, the Spirit of Thunder strikes the opponent with nine bolts of lightning. The lightning produced by this attack has a charge of 1,500,000,000KW and a voltage of 100,000,000V.
- Magnetic Field (
磁場, "Magunetikku Fīrudo"): By causing motion of the electric charges present within the electricity it produces, the Spirit of Thunder generates a large magnetic field centralized upon its fist, to repel attacks and so shield itself and others from damage.
The Spirit of Thunder does not appear in the anime series, as the Spirit of Fire appears to be a single, powerful entity under the Patch's control rather than a member of this group, though it was mentioned that there were four other spirits worshiped by the Patch other than the Spirit of Fire.
- According to the Kang Zeng Bang Extras, the Spirit of Thunder has the same abilities as the Spirit of Fire to become stronger, by consuming souls.
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 258
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 26 Extras; Shaman File 338
- Shaman King Manga - Red Crimson Chapter 05
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 298; Pages 16-17
- Shaman King Manga - Chapter 299; Page 9
- Shaman King Anime - Episode 59
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 8 Extras; Shaman File 100
- Thunder A Wikipedia article about Spirit of Thunder's Element