About[edit | edit source]
Zenki and Goki are a pair of paper Shikigami that were captured and used by Hamo Tadatomo and later came into the possession of Asakura Hao during his first life. They were very loyal to Hao and will kill anyone who comes in their way. After being caught by Anna, they seem to lose their conscience.
After Hao's first defeat by the Asakura Family, they were sealed within the Chō-Senjiryakketsu from where they will try to kill anyone who would attempt to learn the content of the book. During the Shaman Fights in the year, 2000 Tamamura Tamao accidentally releases Zenki and Goki from the book where they are quickly defeated by Kyōyama Anna who reseals them within her 1080 Prayer Beads, making them her own.
Zenki[edit | edit source]
Zenki is the blue Shikigami. He has a large horn in the middle of its forehead and two downward pointing tusks. It is large and rather muscular. He uses melee combat as his main form of fighting and the shield he carries is for hitting his enemies. He possesses the ability to formulate simple battle plans and though it takes him some time, he consumes very little Furyoku and therefore he is easy to use. Its eye sockets are shaped like the "Seven Star Tree of Renewal".
Goki[edit | edit source]
Goki is the red Shikigami. He has two large horns on its forehead and two upward-pointing tusks. Like Zenki, he is large and muscular and uses a large battle axe for combat. He is a defending oni. He can attack if necessary, but his strong point is defense. His eye sockets are shaped like the "Five Point Star". Unlike Zenki, he doesn't have eyes at each point of the star, instead, he has one in the center.
Oversouls and Attacks[edit | edit source]
O.S. Zenki and Goki[edit | edit source]
O.S. Zenki & Goki (O.S.前鬼 & 後鬼)
- Shaman: Kyōyama Anna, formerly Asakura Hao
- O.S. Type: Spirit Type
- Spirit Ally: Zenki & Goki (Shikigamis)
- Medium used: The 1080 Rosary Beads
Description: Once powerful Shikigamis sealed within a parchment seal by Hao to protect the Chō-Senjiryakketsu. Now they obey Anna, who subdued these fearsome spirits and made them her Spirit Allies. With her mastery of the Chō-Senjiryakketsu, Anna can easily invoke the two ogres as O.S. Zenki is formidable at melee-combat, using only his fists while Goki wields a mighty battle Axe. They are also big and very intimidating.
Anime/Manga Difference[edit | edit source]
In the Anime Series, it is Hao who captures the two ogres. A flashback is shown where Hao is seen confronting and sealing them within two paper talismen.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As a part of a 20th-anniversary celebration, Hiroyuki Takei put together new illustration to serve as the exhibition’s key visual, one of them being spirits shown in spirit ball modes that were never shown in the series, Zenki & Goki being amongst them.
- Zenki and Goki are named directly after two oni attendants who were said to serve the ascetic En no Ozunu, legendary founder of Shugendō.
References[edit | edit source]
- Shaman King: Legacy of Spirits
- Shaman King Manga - The Super Star Chapter 9
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 09 Extras; Shaman File 110
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 09 Extras; Shaman File 111
External Links[edit | edit source]