Zenki and Goki are a pair of paper Shikigami that were captured and used by Hamo Tadatomo and later came into the possession of Asakura Hao during his first life. They were very loyal to Hao and would kill anyone who came in their way. After being caught by Anna, they seem to lose their conscience.
After Hao's first defeat by the Asakura Family, they were sealed within the Chō-Senjiryakketsu from where they tried to kill anyone who attempted to learn the contents of the book. During the Shaman Fight in 2000, Tamamura Tamao accidentally released Zenki and Goki from the book, but they were quickly defeated by Kyōyama Anna, who resealed them within her 1080 Prayer Beads, making them her own.
Zenki is the blue Shikigami. It has a large horn in the middle of its forehead and two downward pointing tusks. It is large and rather muscular. It uses melee combat as its main form of fighting and the shield it carries is for hitting its enemies. It possesses the ability to formulate simple battle plans and though it takes him some time, it consumes very little Furyoku and therefore it is easy to use. Its eye sockets are shaped like the "Seven Star Tree of Renewal".
Goki is the red Shikigami. It has two large horns on its forehead and two upward-pointing tusks. Like Zenki, it is large and muscular and uses a large battle axe for combat. Although its strong point is defense, it can attack if necessary. Its eye sockets are shaped like the "Five Point Star". Unlike Zenki, it does not have eyes at each point of the star; instead, it has one in the center.
Oversouls and Attacks
O.S. Zenki and Goki
O.S. Zenki & Goki (O.S.前鬼 & 後鬼)
- Shaman: Kyōyama Anna, formerly Asakura Hao
- O.S. Type: Spirit Type
- Spirit Ally: Zenki & Goki (Shikigamis)
- Medium used: The 1080 Rosary Beads
Description: Once powerful Shikigamis sealed within a parchment seal by Hao to protect the Chō-Senjiryakketsu. Now they obey Anna, who subdued these fearsome spirits and made them her Spirit Allies. With her mastery of the Chō-Senjiryakketsu, Anna can easily invoke the two ogres as O.S. Zenki is formidable at melee-combat, using only its fists while Goki wields a mighty battle Axe. They are also big and very intimidating.
In the 2001 anime series, it is Hao who captures the two ogres. A flashback is shown where Hao is seen confronting and sealing them within two paper talismans.
- As a part of a 20th-anniversary celebration, Hiroyuki Takei put together new illustration to serve as the exhibition’s key visual, one of them being spirits shown in spirit ball modes that were never shown in the series, Zenki & Goki being amongst them.
- Zenki and Goki are named directly after two oni attendants who were said to serve the ascetic En no Ozunu, legendary founder of Shugendō.
- Shaman King: Legacy of Spirits
- Shaman King Manga - The Super Star Chapter 9
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 09 Extras; Shaman File 110
- Shaman King Manga - Kang Zeng Bang Volume 09 Extras; Shaman File 111